Thursday, March 25, 2010

"The diver is down."

  • A lot of people are getting pretty butthurt by this health care debate. It does seem to get at the fundamental issue of how much should our government do for its citizens. A strict interpretation of the Constitution would find most government programs to be in violation. As a Libertarian, I would like to see the government shrink rather than grow. I support some basic health care for all so people don't die for lack of money, but I'm not sure the federal government should administer the program. I also don't like the provision requiring people to have health insurance. A friend sent me the text of the bill so I'll read it during some free time. Heh.
  • I'm starting to feel better, but I think I'll skip basketball tonight to give myself more of a break. I think I need a couple more nights of going to bed early. I slept in by an hour this morning, but it's all good. It just means I won't get as good of a parking space.
  • It looks like my plumber can also fix my busted fuse so I can use my home theater again. I'll have to find out when though. At least I know I've got the scratch to pay for his work.
  • It looks like it'll be sunny, but cold out today so the spring weather isn't quite here yet. I bet it'll snow another time just for good measure.
  • Slow it is.
  • IRS' refund tracker tells me I should get my refund by April 27. Weak sauce since I mailed it in during February. Better late than never.

No comments: