Sunday, March 21, 2010

"The doctor cut me."

  • I'm addicted to Dinosaur Barbecue's Wango Tango barbecue sauce.  It's habanero hot and is hella tasty.  It's all natural as well which is always a good thing.  Dinosaur Barbecue is a restaurant in Syracuse, but you can find their barbecue sauces in Upstate NY.  I'm using the sauce to make barbecue chicken in the crockpot.  You slice up a red onion and put the slices at the bottom, put in a healthy amount of chicken and cover in sauce.  Cook on low for 4-6 hours.  Enjoy.  I've made it before and it's awesome.  I'm using chicken thigh because it's tastier and healthy, but it shouldn't affect the cooking time nor the ease with which I can shred it.
  • It hasn't rained as much as predicted and is actually partly sunny now.  I'm hoping my front yard pond can dry out a bit more.  In the next month or so, I'm going to figure out how to reclaim the swamp.  I'm sure it's great for the frogs and mosquitoes, but I'm worried about all that water undercutting my foundation.
  • The Blazers are playing Phoenix tonight, but the game is on too late for me.  I'll try to watch some of the first quarter, but I need to be in bed by 11 or 11:30 if I want to be functional tomorrow.
  • I went in to work this morning and was fairly productive.  I feel accomplished and the day is still young.  I'll watch some college basketball this afternoon while I eat lunch.
  • It's a lot easier to cook when you have the right equipment.  My Cuisinart Food Processor is awesome.  I used it to chop up some cabbage for fish tacos and used it to slice the red onion for the barbecue.  It took about 60 s in total to do both and clean up isn't a big deal.  Pretty sweet.

No comments: