Friday, March 12, 2010

Project 365: Day 162 and 101 in 1001 update

Tonight I went to Blue Spice Thai in Delmar with a coworker.  I thought of it as a date, but I'm not exactly sure what she thought.  Heh.  I'm pretty stupid when it comes to that kind of stuff, but it doesn't matter since we had fun. 

I made reservations for 7, but the place was pretty busy when we showed up promptly so we had to wait a bit.  They tried to give us the crappy table near the door/waiting area, but we held out for a better table.  We split a crunchy crab appetizer (love me some fried food).  I had blue mango curry and she had some sort of duck dish.  Everything tasted great and I was able to polish off my plate.

The waitstaff is certainly attentive, but tried to take our plates away before we were done and also kept trying to pick up the check even though I hadn't put any money down.  I guess people were waiting, but we had a reservation so we're going to stay until we're done.

This restaurant is new to me so it qualifies for one of the twenty as part of task 43 on my 101 in 1001 list.  Sweet.  The picture is of the crappy strip mall where the restaurant is.  It turns out there was a chance my car would get towed parked there so I moved it around back.  I think they just wanted to give me something to do while we were waiting.

She seemed to have as good of a time as I did so it looks like we'll meet up again in the future.

No comments: