Monday, August 22, 2011

The best laid plans...

My new fitness rings came tonight and I started to set them up.  I got one ring on one strap when I realized that my plan of setting them up in the basement was a stupid one since my basement's ceiling is only about 8 feet tall.  I'd be able to do pushups and low ring activities, but few of the high ring stuff and I certainly wouldn't be able to do inversions or handstand pushups.  Hmmm...

I really should've thought this situation through a bit more carefully before shellin' out the dough.  For all of my analytical skills, I can be pretty impulsive.  I'm rarely impulsive at work so maybe there's a conservation principle working with my personal life.  Gah.  I could try to mount them on my garage's ceiling, but I'm pretty skeptical that any hooks or whatever would hold my weight since I want to do some snatching.  I could mount them outside, but then I wouldn't be able to use them during the winter.

I think my best bet is to get a weightlifting rack or cage or whatever and put it in the garage.  I'm not sure how that's going to work with my car, but I could figure something out.  I can always take my car out of the garage for a workout.

Crikey.  Cheap racks are still $400.  Fudge.  Maybe I could brew up something homemade instead.

I'm really kickin' myself for not thinkin' this through.  I got pretty stoked when I saw they would come today.  Somehow I thought I could make them work down in the basement, but what's the point of only being able to do about a quarter of the exercises?

No comments: