Monday, August 15, 2011

Never Gymless Day 36

Morning: isometrics
  • (wall press (3 angles), overhead press (3 angles), bent over row (2 angles), leg press, hamstring curl) x 5s x 4
I added a couple of lower body exercises this morning.  The leg press involves pushing on a wall with one leg at a time.  The hamstring curl involves squeezing an exercise ball with my heels towards my butt.  A lot of people neglect working the hamstrings so this exercise is a good one.  When I get my fitness rings set up, I'll add a couple more static exercises.

Evening: ICT 8
  • 5 body rows, 10 medicine ball slams, 15 burpees, 20 jumping jacks - 10 cycles or 20 minutes, whichever comes sooner
Thanks to the stupid burpees, I was only able to bang out 5.5 cycles.  The actual workout requires 5 pullups instead of the body rows, but I can barely do two pullups.

I'm definitely getting stronger, but I need to work on my conditioning.

No comments: