Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Never Gymless Day 27

Morning: maximal strength
  • (1 pullup, 1 glute-ham raise) x 4
  • (3 1-armed pushups, 3 1-legged squats) x 4
  • (3 elevated pike presses, 3 blue band good mornings) x 4
  • (3 bodyweight tricep extensions, 10 1-legged medicine ball calf raises) x 3
I did fewer squats this week than last because I focused on dropping my ass closer to the ground.  I didn't quite do a pistol, but my thigh went a little beyond horizontal.  I decided a maximal strength workout should focus on more effort fewer times.  My pullups were also closer to legit so I'm definitely getting stronger.

Evening: core
  • (10 crunches, 15 blue band pull throughs, 10 blue band rotational chops) x 3
  • plank: 62s, 62s, 61s
My green band broke this morning so I had to use the thicker blue band.  I'm actually a little sore from the rotations.  I guess that's a good sign.

No comments: