Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Whole 30: Day 30

Energy level:
I haven't been sleeping well lately so my energy level has been low.  It's been a vicious cycle because I haven't been working out either to give my right shoulder a break.

Mood:
My mood was ok this morning, but is improving as my vacation nears.

Cravings:
These haven't been an issue for a couple of weeks now.  It'll be interesting to see how my body reacts to wheat, dairy and sugar.  I suspect I'll feel like crap pretty quickly.

Progress:
Don't let the uptick at the end fool you; I'm confident I'm in the best shape of my recent life right now.  I lost over ten pounds, most of which was fat.  I also dropped about two inches off my waist.  My mind is clear and my physical cravings are gone.

I highly recommend this program to anyone looking to start Paleo.  Cold turkey is the easiest way to start and this program will help you reset your blood sugar.  You'll also learn how to treat food in a different light.  You can still live to eat, but your thoughts won't be dominated by cravings for junk food.

I'll move back to less strict Paleo with almond meal, butter and occasional dairy, but will follow Whole 30 now and then if I feel I need another reset.

No comments: