Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back from the clinic...

My leg was hurting a bit more today than yesterday so I grabbed a book and headed over to the "Urgent" Care clinic in Mountain View to get it checked out. I put urgent in quotes because the only urgency is on my part. The clinic is in a nice new building, but feels like the Third World because you have to wait forever. Firstly, you sign in. Then you wait. Then they call you up to get your insurance information. Then you wait a lot longer. Then they take your vitals. Then you wait a helluva lot longer. Then you get taken to a room. Then you wait. Then you see the doctor. She poked and prodded my leg and couldn't believe that I did no obvious structural damage when my leg folded unnaturally. I got some x-rays taken of my knee and ankle and everything looks ok except my fibula has a strange jog in it so I need to call back tomorrow to hear what the radiologist has to say. I also got a neoprene knee sleeve and an air split. I can nearly walk normally now with the sleeve so that's good. She said to give it rest and to stay off it so it looks like no sports for me for a couple of weeks for sure. Bummer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you got it checked out. It always helps to have more information...even if we have to "wait" for it.

Y said...

Is it the same clinic we went to? It sucks. It's too bad you can't jump around like a monkey for a while.

Jeremy said...

Yeah, I'm glad that I got it checked out, but it's too bad nothing else is open during the weekend.

Yeah, it's the same clinic as before. It'll probably take a couple of weeks and then I can jump like a monkey.