Friday, July 11, 2008

South Beach Diet, Phase I: Day 3

Breakfast: Tuna fish
Lunch: Big salad with grilled chicken
Dinner: grilled chicken and a salad
Snack: Roast beef and part-skim mozzarella
Exercise: Played basketball for twenty minutes or so until I hyperextended my knee while falling. It's too bad because I was playing good D. I blocked three or four shots.

We'll see what happens now. I'll continue the diet, but with my hurt knee and ankle I'm not sure how much exercise I'm going to get in the next couple of weeks.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Bro - That is a bummer about the hyper-extended knee and ankle issues. Can you still ride a bike? What about anaerobic exercises?
I hate getting injured!

Jeremy said...

Well, I only hurt myself about 2.5 hours ago so I'm not sure how bad it is until I wake up tomorrow. I didn't torque it so I don't think I tore anything. Knock on wood.

I was pretty cheesed off because I was playing well when it happened.

Unknown said...

South Beach diet...I tried it before, but only got a few days in before I started craving carbs and sugary stuff. I'm interested to see how your s goes. :)

Jeremy said...

I think it takes at least several days before the carb and sugar cravings go away. I'm on Day 4 now and I don't think I'm as hungry for sweet stuff as I was the first couple of days. My knee is still pretty sore so I guess it's hard for me to tell what else is going on with my body.

I think I've lost a little bit of flab from around the middle since I started so that's good. My body should be looking to internal stores for energy since I'm not feeding it accessible sugar.

Unknown said...

Bro' - The sugar weening takes longer the more "addicted" to sugar you were before you started the diet. It took me about two weeks before I finally started feeling less grumpy, less hungry (I was so hungry when I started weening myself away from sugar), and less loopy. Keep on rockin!