Wednesday, July 9, 2008

South Beach Diet, Phase I: Day 1

Today is Day One of fourteen days of Phase I of the South Beach Diet. No simple sugars for me for fourteen days. It's going to be tough, but I think it's necessary so that I can lose the spare tire from around my middle and prevent a minor metabolic syndrome from developing into diabetes.

I will record what I eat for the next two weeks to help me stay on track.

Breakfast: Two organic eggs, fried
Lunch: Roast beef "sandwich" (lettuce instead of bread) and a salad
Dinner: "Burger" (lettuce instead of a bun) and a salad with a glass of plain almond milk
Snack: Roast beef and part-skim mozzarella
Exercise: None since no one showed up for frisbee

I was hungry for something sweet this afternoon, but the feeling passed. It's too hot for me to think about food now.

2 comments:

rly said...

out of all the diet fads, why the south beach diet?

very inspiring... when work gets busy, i always eat junk.

keep up the good work!

Jeremy said...

I don't really think the South Beach Diet is a fad because I believe the science behind it. We overeat because our insulin-glucose system is out of balance so we need to eat foods with a lower glycemic load.