Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beefcake Challenge: End of Week 30

Day 208:
Weight = 190.8 lbs (-0.6 lbs)

Body fat = 28.0 % (+0.4 %)

Visceral fat = 9 (no change)

Resting metabolism = 1836 kCal (-6 kCal)


I think I look a bit leaner, but the numbers don't seem to indicate that as my body fat has slowly been increasing. I think the big problem is that I cannot properly exercise which explains why my resting metabolism has been slowly decreasing. I was able to get on the exercise bike twice in the past four days and I walked around SF a bit yesterday, but it's not enough. My heart rate didn't go up that much because I need to keep the intensity low until my knee strengthens.

I also moved into Phase II and started eating carbs and fruit again which will slow down the weight loss, but I'm thinking that the lack of serious exercise is hurting me the most.

Well, I'm not going to worry about the numbers too much. I'll continue to eat properly and will exercise as much as I can. My leg won't be gimped forever.

Phase II has led to some... uh... interesting interactions between insoluble fiber and my GI tract. It's good to be able to eat a wider variety of foods and I don't really miss sugar that much so Phase I did the trick.

No comments: