Thursday, July 24, 2008

Doctor's appointment

I went to PAMF for my knee/ankle appointment and was seen by the physician's assistant. She definitely knew her stuff and tested the mobility and flexibility of my knee and ankle by moving my leg in strange ways. Nothing she did hurt until she pressed pretty hard on the outside ligament. No big deal since it just indicates some light bruising. She was efficient and professional so I was pleased with my appointment. I didn't even have to wait long either.

She was pretty impressed that I didn't tear anything and said that I have flexible ligaments. Sweet. She was also surprised that I didn't rip my Achilles and said I was pretty lucky. The good news is that I'm going to be just fine. The bad news is that I'm restricted to low impact exercise for the next three to four weeks. That means no basketball, no tennis, no badminton and no frisbee. I can ride the exercise bike until my legs fall off so I got on for twenty minutes before dinner tonight. I didn't ride all that hard, but I did feel some stretching in my knees. Walking is definitely low impact so I'll start walking to and from work next week.

This injury will slow down my beefcake progress, but it won't permanently affect me so it's ok. It has reminded me that I need to make sure the muscles around my joints are strong to prevent future injuries.

2 comments:

rly said...

good to hear! cycling is really good exercise though!

ryc: thanks! that *does* sound good! ahhh... to be on vacation again...

Unknown said...

Bro' - That's awesome news! Unfortunate that you have to rest for 3 to 4 weeks but much better than having to rest for 3 to 4 months.