Monday, July 14, 2008

South Beach Diet, Phase I: Day 7

Breakfast: Tuna fish
Lunch: Big salad with smoked salmon, chickpeas and kidney beans.
Dinner: Broiled flank steak, asparagus, salad and a glass of almond milk
Snack: Turkey and goat cheese
Exercise: None

Ah ha. I'm halfway through Phase I and I think I'm doing alright. I still get hungry for sugar, but the cravings aren't that strong. I haven't lost as much weight as anticipated, but I think I was in better shape when I started than most dieters. I've lost some belly fat and that's always appreciated. I'll be glad when I can eat more food to add some variety back to my meals. I'll still eat a lot of salad though since I've gotten used to them.

I read that the weight loss slows down during Phase II, but hopefully I can continue to lose. I'll need to make sure to exercise and that means getting my knee and ankle back to fighting shape.

No comments: