Saturday, July 12, 2008

South Beach Diet, Phase I: Day 4

Breakfast: Tuna fish
Lunch: Big salad
Dinner: Taco salad with a glass of unflavored almond milk
Snack: sliced ham and part-skim mozzarella
Exercise: None thanks to last night's fun.

I was going to make a lettuce taco which is a taco using a lettuce leaf instead of a tortilla or taco shell, but the lettuce refused to cooperate so I just piled everything on. I used ground bison with green chiles, cheddar cheese, roasted red peppers, onion, lettuce, tomatoes and some sour cream. It was definitely pretty tasty.

I think the diet is working because I feel leaner and I don't crave sugar as much as I did earlier this week. I still wouldn't mind a piece of chocolate cake or maybe some key lime pie.

2 comments:

Y said...

Looks like a lot of sour cream. Is that allowed?

Jeremy said...

Dairy is allowed as long as it is low fat or non-fat and as long as there isn't any sugar in it (no ice cream).

It looks like more sour cream in the picture than was really on there.