Thursday, July 10, 2008

South Beach Diet, Phase I: Day 2

Breakfast: Two organic eggs, scrambled with spinach and cheese
Lunch: Roast beef "sandwich" (lettuce instead of bread) and a salad
Dinner: grilled chicken and a salad with a glass of plain almond milk
Snack: Roast beef, part-skim mozzarella and a little bit of peanut butter
Exercise: Walked to and from work (4.2 miles round trip) and did some strength training with my resistance bands

Phase I of this diet is a little bit like detox since I'm really jonesin' for some sugar. I'm sure the feeling will pass in a day or two, but I do feel a little weird. I want to get in shape so I'll tough it out.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sugar is highly addicting. When I was weening myself away from concentrated refined sugars, the first three to seven days were difficult. I went through some goofy refined sugar withdrawal symptoms. If you tough it out...you will probably lose the "taste" and "craving" for sugar.
keep it up, bro.

Jeremy said...

Yeah, I do feel a little goofy, but I'm starting to feel better. I think I should be ok by the end of today or tomorrow.

I'm not seeing much weight loss, but that'll take time.

irishkimchee said...

How are your cravings today? BTW, are pickles allowed in phase 1?

Jeremy said...

My cravings are less than yesterday and I think pickles are ok.