Friday, March 5, 2010

"Grandma wishin' your soul's at rest..."

  • I still haven't gotten a good night's sleep since I've been using my new alarm clock. I guess I'm still paranoid it won't wake me up. It's also hard for me to fall asleep after late night exercise. I should sleep well tonight.
  • What do you do if you have a lot of money, but no common sense? You buy this monstrosity and call it a day. It doesn't look practical, but I guess practicality is well beyond the point. One Farker had this great comment: "Did you notice how it said sail back and forth across the Atlantic 4 times? 38 meters is too wide to fit through the Panama Canal. That 30 meter open deck will be useful as you search for the Northwest Passage." Heh. Funny shit.
  • It should be over 40F again today, but there is still quite a bit of stubborn snow hangin' out. As soon as my 401k loan check completely clears, I'll call up the roofer to get an estimate. It sucks I need to blow some money on a new roof, but I'll feel a lot better knowing it won't come crashing down on me in the middle of the night. Yeah, I actually do worry about crap falling on me while sleep. I guess I've got a number of reasons why I don't sleep well at night.
  • I did my taxes by hand and mailed them a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully that fat refund will make its way to my bank account soon. I think I'll get something for the patent filing as well. Sweet. I don't want any more black marks on my performance reviews. It would be a crying shame for me to be rated poorly since I'm actually a great employee. Ah...crap. I just threw my shoulder out pattin' myself on the back. Heh.
  • I need to start thinking of small gifts to get my family for their birthdays. I went all out for Xmas so I think it's ok if I don't now.
  • I was able to do two consecutive pullups this morning. Sweet.

No comments: